Basic Search Overview
- You can enter any words that will help you find the item that you are looking for
- The order that you enter these words does not matter
- All words entered will have to exist for a match
- Case does not matter, nor do punctuation or diacritics
- Choose a more focused search by using the drop-down selector at the end of the input field to search against all Keywords, or all Titles, or all Authors or all Subjects
For example, if you are looking for the book “Cat in the Hat”, it does not matter if you type in “Hat the in Cat” as your search term; Basic Search will find "Cat in the Hat" regardless.
It will also find the same item if you type in "hat cat in the", "Cat Hat In The" or "Càt Hàt In Thé".
Searching against the various sub groupings
Choose to search Keywords, Titles, Authors or Subjects by left-clicking on the down arrow icon at the right hand end of the Basic Search entry field:
Four sub-groupings are currently supported: (All) Keywords, Titles, Authors or Subjects. For example, if you want to find items related to vegetarian cooking, you could enter search term "Vegetarian Cooking" and further select the "Subjects" sub-grouping.
Don't hesitate to ask your librarian for help in determining what Subjects to look for!
Thank you for visiting IHA's collection of books, DVDs, and more.